This week’s episode is sponsored by Beef. It’s What’s For Dinner. on behalf of the Beef Checkoff. We’re joined by Bridget Wasser of National Cattlemen’s Beef Association to share her Top 10 Tips for Grilling Beef! As a certified beef expert, Bridget has the inside scoop on what it takes to create restaurant-quality steaks, burgers and more at home.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- How to select the best cuts of beef for the grill
- The best way to check the temperature of beef while cooking
- Why it’s important to let beef rest
- How to properly season beef
- Ways to enhance the flavor of beef through marinades
Who is Bridget?
Bridget Wasser is Executive Director, Meat Science, Culinary & Supply Chain at the National Cattlemen’s Beef Association (NCBA) in Centennial, CO. She is responsible for the strategic direction, planning, development and implementation of the beef quality research program and technical, meat science activities intended to increase consumer demand for beef and beef products and to optimize beef’s quality and taste equity. Additionally, she leads strategic direction and implementation of the Beef. It’s What’s for Dinner. brand, on behalf of the Beef Checkoff, to the beef supply chain audience, including leading business-to-business brand ambassadors that support the brand across various supply chain segments such as processors, manufacturers, distributors, retail and foodservice. And, she leads the Beef. It’s What’s for Dinner. culinary program facilitated through the NCBA's Culinary Center, which is funded by the Beef Checkoff. Bridget earned a B.S. and M.S. in Animal Science with a focus on Meat Science from Texas A&M University and has been on staff at NCBA since November of 2005.
- Beef. It’s What’s For Dinner. Grilling Tips
- MEATER Plus Wireless Meat Thermometer
- Irie Lemon Mastermind: Launching in September, now accepting applications, learn more here.
Connect with Beef, It’s What’s For Dinner. on Instagram