Recorded on-location at the Grand Traverse Resort & Spa in Northern Michigan, Liz & Vince sat down with Caroline Rizzo, Public Relations Manager, and Matthew Bryant, General Manager to discuss the unique challenges facing the hospitality industry during a pandemic. Offering a unique perspective, Caroline and Matthew walk us through the last 9 months of leading a team and maintaining a successful business during unprecedented times. Fortunately, difficulty often lends way to opportunity, and the world-class Grand Traverse Resort & Spa has found a myriad of ways to adapt and thrive, all while ensuring true safety to their guests and their 500+ employees.
This episode is brought to you by Grand Traverse Resort & Spa.
What you can expect to learn in today’s episode:
- Repurposing your staff members according to business needs
- How to cut costs without killing your culture
- Taking care of your associates and how it can yield results down the road
- How getting your hands dirty as a manager fosters a true team atmosphere
- Installing new safety protocols with a reduced staff
If you have any topic ideas for the future, let us know on Instagram or the comment section on YouTube! Enjoyed this episode? Leave a review and send it to your best friend. Stay tuned for weekly episodes filled with practical tips, amazing conversations and incredible guests!
Produced by Attic Audio Productions, LLC